all (of) the timeidiom
Definition of all (of) the time
1 : on every occasion : always You can't be right all of the time.
2 informal : very often or frequently "Do you ever take the subway to work?" "Yeah, all the time."
3 usually all the time : since something began : from the beginning The police knew all the time who was guilty.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game