Definition of all (of) the time
1 : on every occasion : always You can't be right all of the time.
2 informal : very often or frequently "Do you ever take the subway to work?" "Yeah, all the time."
3 usually all the time : since something began : from the beginning The police knew all the time who was guilty.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game