Definition of alkali blue
1 : any of various alkali-soluble triphenylmethane dyes that are essentially sodium salts of monosulfonic acids of phenylated pararosaniline and are used chiefly in making pigments
2 : any of the fairly permanent pigments made from an alkali blue dye and used chiefly in printing inks
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?