Definition of alizarin crimson
: rose madder sense 2b Orr often primes her canvases with lead white, which she says creates a luminosity underneath the paint. She uses small sable brushes and a palette that includes titanium white, … alizarin crimson, … and yellow ochre.— M. Stephen Doherty, American Artist, December 1992
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?