algorithmicsnoun, plural in form but singular in construction
Definition of algorithmics
: the study, analysis, and development of algorithms This week, he is the chief organizer of a heavyweight conference there titled “New Directions in Cluster Supercomputing,” which will examine, among other things, “the use of parallel algorithmics and cluster computing in phylogenetics, genomics and neurobiology.”— John Kifner, New York Times, 12 June 2001
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?