variants: or alfileria or less commonly alfilerilla \ (ˈ)al-ˌfi-lə-ˈrē-ə \
Definition of alfilaria
: a European weed (Erodium cicutarium) grown for forage in the dry regions of the southwestern U.S.
— called also pin grass
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game