aleu·ri·o·spore | \ ə-ˈlu̇r-ē-ə-ˌspȯr\
variants: or less commonly aleurospore \ ə-ˈlu̇r-ə-ˌspȯr \
Definition of aleuriospore
: an asexual spore in certain fungi produced terminally by septation but remaining attached until disintegration of the mycelium : a nondeciduous chlamydospore
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game