al·do·bi·on·ic acid | \ ¦al-(ˌ)dō-ˌbī-¦ä-nik-\
Definition of aldobionic acid
: an aldonic acid (as lactobionic acid) formed by simple oxidation of a reducing disaccharide (as lactose)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?