al·di·mine | \ ˈal-də-ˌmēn\
Definition of aldimine
: any Schiff base of the general formula RCH—NH or RCH—NR′ formed by condensation of an aldehyde with ammonia or a primary amine
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game