Definition of alderperson
: alderman sense 3c She is one of the town's two longest-serving alderpersons. When they presented the petition to their city alderperson, they were advised to take the issue up with the neighborhood association.— Roy Van Driesche, Nature Out of Place, 2004 And at another recent meeting of the alderpeople, there was a discussion of proposed architectural standards for downtown. — Chapel Hill Herald (Durham, North Carolina), 27 Jan. 2006
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game