al·co | \ ˈal-(ˌ)kō\
Definition of alco
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a small long-haired dog with pendulous ears that is native to and sometimes domesticated in tropical America
variants: or alcoo-
Definition of alco- (Entry 2 of 2)
: alcohol alcogel alcosol alcoometer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game