plural albariños or Albariños
Definition of albariño
: a richly flavored white wine from the Galicia region of Spain Good albariño can be very serious wine, with enormous intensity of flavor and a subtle, layered mouth-feel framing its lively acidity.— John Winthrop Haeger, Saveur, May 2006 also : the grape from which this wine is made Grown on the rainy, green Galician coast, Albariño is Spain's breakout white grape. — Richard Nalley, Food & Wine, September 2002
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game