air-popped; air-popping; air-pops
Definition of air-pop
: to pop (popcorn) without oil by exposure to rapidly circulating heated air within a chamber Better yet, air-pop your own popcorn and you will know for sure that the popcorn you are enjoying has very little fat and no risky oils and additives.— Dr. Ron Goor and Nancy Goor, Choose to Lose, 1999
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?