air-popped; air-popping; air-pops
Definition of air-pop
: to pop (popcorn) without oil by exposure to rapidly circulating heated air within a chamber Better yet, air-pop your own popcorn and you will know for sure that the popcorn you are enjoying has very little fat and no risky oils and additives.— Dr. Ron Goor and Nancy Goor, Choose to Lose, 1999
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game