Definition of air hockey
: a table game in which two players attempt to score points by using a handheld paddle to shoot a plastic disk across a surface with minimal friction into the opponent's goal
Note: The surface of the table used for air hockey typically contains numerous small holes through which air is blown to create a thin cushion of air.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game