Definition of air exchanger
: a ventilation and climate control system or device that exchanges air inside a building with fresh air from outside the building and that typically transfers heat between the outgoing and incoming air in order to reduce the energy required to maintain the building's indoor temperature An air exchanger is often added to the ductwork of tightly built houses that have only minimal ventilation. — Ultimate Guide to Home Repair and Improvement, 2006
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game