Definition of ahu
(Entry 1 of 2)
: the common gazelle (Gazella subgutturosa) of central Asia
Definition of ahu (Entry 2 of 2)
1 Polynesia : a mound or stone heap serving as a boundary, waymark, or memorial
2 : a sacred Polynesian burial place
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?