ahaunoun, often capitalized
Definition of ahau
: the last of the 20 day names of the Maya calendar that with its associated numbers 1 to 13 in a peculiar order (13, 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2) designated the 13 katuns of a series 13 ahau the first
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?