Definition of agony column
1 chiefly British : a newspaper column of personal advertisements relating especially to missing relatives or friends
2 chiefly British : a newspaper column that includes letters from readers seeking personal advice and the columnist's replies
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?