against someone's willidiom
Definition of against someone's will
: contrary to a person's choice or desire in a particular situation As a child, he was forced to play the violin against his will. She chose to go against her parents' will and marry him anyway.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game