af·ter·day | \ ˈaf-tər-ˌdā\
Definition of afterday
: a later day or period in this afterday these encounters and developments … appear to have made astonishingly little impression— A. B. Guthrie —often used in plural he was known for his good works in his afterdays
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game