af·ter·day | \ ˈaf-tər-ˌdā\
Definition of afterday
: a later day or period in this afterday these encounters and developments … appear to have made astonishingly little impression— A. B. Guthrie —often used in plural he was known for his good works in his afterdays
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game