af·ter·cool·er | \ ˈaf-tər-ˌkü-lər\
Definition of aftercooler
1 : an apparatus for cooling the discharge air from air compressors in order to remove its condensed moisture
2 : a device for cooling the fuel mixture heated by compression in a supercharger
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game