Definition of affinage
1 obsolete : the act or process of refining a metal
2 : the act or process of aging cheese Affinage does for cheeses what great coaching does for athletes.— Ari Weinzweig, Zingerman’s Guide to Good Eating, 2003
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game