Definition of affinage
1 obsolete : the act or process of refining a metal
2 : the act or process of aging cheese Affinage does for cheeses what great coaching does for athletes.— Ari Weinzweig, Zingerman’s Guide to Good Eating, 2003
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game