Definition of aeroponics
- Hydroponics allows us to grow plants in a water-and-nutrient solution, while aeroponics grows them in a nutrient-laden mist.
- —Dickson D. Despommier, New York Times, 24 Apr. 2009
aeroponicplay \¦er-ō-¦pä-nik\ adjective
- Tomatoes take especially well to aeroponic growing.
- —Johnathan L. Wright, Reno Gazette-Journal, 20 Aug. 2008
- aeroponic technology
aeroponicallyplay \¦er-ō-¦pä-ni-k(ə-)lē\ adverb
- Fog can actually carry dissolved nutrients for growing plants aeroponically, suspended in the air, with their clean roots dangling in the fog.
- —Marshall Ingwerson, Christian Science Monitor, 1 Mar. 1985