Definition of aeroacoustics
- Hartvigsen said Dr. Ford's visit was significant to him in another way. “I have been involved in some of the tests of the shuttle external tank hardware that were performed at AEDC over the last several years,” he explained. “I have some knowledge of aeroacoustics, vibration and the associated hardware that came in handy for the NASA shuttle tests.”
- —U.S. Federal News, 27 Mar. 2009
- The first of two planned projects focuses on the aeroacoustics of cyclone separators—complex 3D flows that swirl about a central column of fluid in line with the axis of rotation.
- —Andrew Czyzewski, The Engineer, 28 Mar. 2011
aeroacousticplay \ˌer-ō-ə-ˈkü-stik\ adjective
- The previous work included propulsion/airframe aeroacoustic integration and experimentation with jet engine integration with traditional tube/wing and blended wing-body aircraft configurations, says NASA.
- —Flight International, 10 Nov. 2009