Definition of aerial skiing
: the execution of aerial maneuvers on skis also : a downhill ski event in which skiers perform aerials after skiing off a ski jump The trampoline is familiar terrain for Caldwell, a former gymnast who was wooed to aerial skiing at age 13 as part of a campaign by the United States Ski Team to recruit gymnasts and divers into the sport. — Katie Thomas, New York Times , 14 Feb. 2011
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?