Definition of adult alternative
- … the band's lyrics should traverse red state/blue state boundaries, just as its music finds a happy medium between esoteric indie rock and coffeehouse-streaming adult alternative.
- —John Thomason, Sun-Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Florida), 28 Apr. 2010
- … 24 hours of music programming including jazz, blues and adult alternative music.
- —Bob Karlovits, Pittsburgh Tribune, 16 July 2011
- … a concert and dining facility that houses the studios of a popular adult alternative radio station …
- —Jeff Schlegel, New York Times, 18 May 2011
- The transcendent 2005 album Plans is a classic, nominated for a Grammy for best adult alternative album.
- —Lynn Saxberg, Ottawa Citizen, 2 July 2011