Definition of administrivia
: routine paperwork and other administrative tasks that are regarded as trivial, uninteresting, and time-consuming Without a doubt, current spending patterns put too many dollars toward administrivia and too often place political concerns ahead of real student needs. — Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio), 25 Sept. 1999 Despite the school's large number of inexperienced teachers, I.S. 193's two staff developers do little teacher training, some faculty members said. Instead, they said, the developers work on what some in the school have dubbed “administrivia”—paperwork, reports and memos.— Sam Dillon, New York Times, 9 May 1994
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?