variants: or ad-maker
plural ad makers or ad-makers
Definition of ad maker
: a person or company that creates advertisements (especially political advertisements) You probably don’t believe that TV ads influence your voting behavior, but clearly the national political ad makers think otherwise.— Dick Polman, Philadelphia Inquirer, 24 Oct. 2010 In a cavernous baroque banquet room, ad-makers flipped through their storyboards to impress the new team.— Michael Riley, Time, 21 Nov. 1988
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game