acted on/upon; acting on/upon; acts on/upon
Definition of act on/upon
: to use (something, such as a feeling or suggestion) as a reason or basis for doing something They never acted on the information they had. It's okay to feel angry or jealous, but you mustn't act on those feelings.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game