Definition of acoustic tomography
Note: Acoustic tomography is often used to analyze ocean water. It can be used to measure a number of different qualities, such as salinity or pressure. When it is used to determine temperature, it can also be called acoustic thermometry.
Keep scrolling for more
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game