Definition of acoustic microimaging
: a technique for seeing microscopic details of the internal structure of objects by using high-frequency sound waves Acoustic microimaging has been used for nearly 25 years to nondestructively image and analyze internal features, including defects, in a wide variety of materials.— Thomas E. Adams, American Laboratory, November 1997
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game