acid heat testnoun
Definition of acid heat test
: a test used in petroleum refining for indicating the amount of unsaturated hydrocarbons in gasoline and performed by noting the increase in temperature caused by adding one volume of 93 percent sulfuric acid to five volumes of gasoline in a Dewar flask
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game