Definition of acetochlor
: an herbicide C14H20ClNO2 that is typically applied before the emergence of crop seedlings aboveground and is used to control grasses and broad-leaved weeds … acetochlor, a herbicide commonly used by farmers to control weeds in corn.— Mary Divine & Dennis Lien, St. Paul (Minnesota) Pioneer Press, 26 Sept. 2007
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?