accept/take (something) on faithidiom
Definition of accept/take (something) on faith
: to accept (something) as true without proof or evidence that it is true I'm not willing to take her statements on faith. I'll accept it on faith that he knows the truth.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game