Definition of absorption spectroscopy
: atomic absorption spectroscopy One of the most fruitful techniques that has been used to study the chemistry of the simple inorganic species has been optical absorption spectroscopy.— Gordon L. Hug, Optical Spectra of Nonmetallic Inorganic Transient Species in Aqueous Solution, May 1981
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?