abluted; abluting; ablutes
Definition of ablute
: to wash one's body : to perform one's ablutions : bathe … the minimalist bathroom where he ablutes every day.— Rosita Boland, Irish Times, 12 Oct. 2009 After I finished the paper, I headed to the bathroom to ablute myself, as is my wholesome Canadian habit.— Ian Brown, Globe and Mail, 13 Mar. 2004 — see also abluted
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game