ab·i·et·ic acid | \ ¦abē¦etik-\
Definition of abietic acid
: a colorless crystalline tricyclic acid C19H29COOH with two double bonds that constitutes the major component of rosin, that is formed from certain other resin acids by heat and acid treatment, and that is used chiefly in making esters for plasticizers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game