ab·far·ad | \ (ˈ)abˈfaˌrad, -rəd\
Definition of abfarad
: a cgs electromagnetic unit of capacitance equal to one billion farads that measures the capacitance of a condenser that when charged to a potential difference of one abvolt has a charge of one abcoulomb
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game