abel·mosk | \ ˈābəlˌmäsk\
variants: or less commonly abelmusk \ -ˌməsk \
Definition of abelmosk
: a bushy herb (Abelmoschus moschatus synonym Hibiscus moschatus) of tropical Asia often cultivated for its showy, usually creamy yellow flowers with deep purple centers and musky-scented seeds — see ambrette sense 2b
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?