Definition of abelia
: any of a genus (Abelia) of Asian or Mexican shrubs of the honeysuckle family having opposite leaves and white, red, or pink flowers
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game