ab·cou·lomb | \ (ˈ)abˈküˌläm, -lōm\
Definition of abcoulomb
: the cgs electromagnetic unit quantity of electricity equal to 10 coulombs and being the charge that passes in one second through any cross section of a conductor carrying a steady current of one abampere
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game