a/the squeaky wheel gets the grease/oilidiom
Definition of a/the squeaky wheel gets the grease/oil
—used to say that someone who complains or causes problems is more likely to receive attention or help than someone who stays quiet and does not cause problems
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game