have a problem withidiom (1)
Definition of have a problem with
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to feel that something is not acceptable or agreeable to oneself Do you have a problem with something I said? —usually used in negative statements"We'll have to leave a little early." "OK, I don't have a problem with that."
not a problemidiom (2)
Definition of not a problem (Entry 2 of 2)
1 —used to say that one is happy to do something"Thanks for your help." "Not a problem."
2 —used to say that one is not bothered by something"I'm sorry for interrupting you." "Not a problem."
3 —used to say that something can be done"I would like to pay with my credit card." "Not a problem."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Piano': Its Name Is Only Half the Story
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game