Definition of a light at the end of the tunnel
: a reason to believe that a bad situation will end soon or that a long and difficult job will be finished soon They are falling deeper into debt, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. The work on our house has been going on for months, but we're finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game