a barrel of laughsnoun phrase
Definition of a barrel of laughs
: someone or something that is very funny —often used in negative statements or in an ironic way to describe someone or something that is not really funny Several people have lost their jobs recently, so the office isn't exactly a barrel of laughs these days.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game