Zo·an·thus | \ zōˈan(t)thəs\
Definition of Zoanthus
: a large genus (the type of the family Zoanthidae) of zoanthidean colonial polyps that are widely distributed in tropical seas, are united at their bases by stolons, resemble groups of small anemones, and have short, brightly colored tentacles
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game