Zo·an·thus | \ zōˈan(t)thəs\
Definition of Zoanthus
: a large genus (the type of the family Zoanthidae) of zoanthidean colonial polyps that are widely distributed in tropical seas, are united at their bases by stolons, resemble groups of small anemones, and have short, brightly colored tentacles
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game