Zo·an·thid·ea | \ ˌzōənˈthidēə\
Definition of Zoanthidea
: a small order of Zoantharia comprising solitary or colonial and mostly epizoic coelenterates resembling small sea anemones but distinguished by absence of a pedal disk and by an arrangement of mesenteries suggesting that of the fossil tetracorals
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?