Zin·gi·ber·a·ce·ae | \ ˌzinjəbəˈrāsēˌē\
Definition of Zingiberaceae
: a family of tropical monocotyledonous plants (order Musales) consisting of leafy perennial herbs with aromatic rootstocks and very irregular flowers having a single perfect stamen
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game