Ze·bri·na | \ zə̇ˈbrīnə\
Definition of Zebrina
: a small genus of trailing herbs (family Commelinaceae) of New Mexico and Mexico having ovate or oblong leaves and flowers with sepals and petals united into a tube — see wandering jew
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game