Zan·ni·chel·lia | \ ˌzanəˈkelēə\
Definition of Zannichellia
: a small genus of aquatic plants (family Potamogetonaceae) of wide distribution having branching capillary stems, small acute leaves, and axillary flowers which with the leaves are originally enclosed in a hyaline envelope — see horned pondweed
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game