Definition of Zakarpats'ka
region of western Ukraine south of the Carpathian Mountains capital Uzhgorod area 4942 square miles (12,800 square kilometers), population 1,258,264
Note: Zakarpats'ka was part of Hungary before 1918 from1939 to 1945. From 1918 to 1938, it was a province of Czechoslovakia.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game